Mechatronic devices are part of our daily lives. Cars, robots and domestic appliances are designed using a mechatronic approach, combining mechanical engineering with electronics and smart control by computers.
The Master’s Degree in Mechatronic Engineering at the University of Jaén is an official postgraduate qualification that is in high demand in the industrial sector and offers excellent career prospects. The main objective of the master’s programme is to train professionals with multidisciplinary knowledge of technologies such as control, mechanics, electricity, electronics and computing, equipping them to tackle the engineering challenges posed by modern mechatronic devices. The master’s programme covers the best methods for comprehensive product or process design, aiming to make products more compact, cheaper and better in terms of their features, quality and performance.
You can also take advantage of the University of Jaén's unique cross-disciplinary training programme and the range of activities offered in connection with this master’s programme to improve your personal development and professional prospects.
The programme details are as follows:
- 90 ECTS credits in two academic years of 60 and 30 ECTS respectively (3 terms).
- 30 places.
- Intensive schedule for each set of subjects.
- Lecturers from UJA and other universities (in Spain, such as UGR, US, UMA, UPV and UPV, or abroad). Teaching from industry professionals (at the university and in the workplace).
- Work placements in high-technology companies with positive projected growth.
- RUCT file and publication in the Official State Gazette (BOE).
- RUCT summary.
- General description of master’s programme (PDF)
- More information about the programme is available at UJA study portal.
- Location: Jaén Higher Polytechnic School
- Duration: 1.5 years / (90 ECTS credits)
- Publication of RUCT file in B.O.E.: BOE 24/10/2017
- Branch of knowledge: Engineering and Architecture
- Delivery mode: Face-to-face
- Language(s): Spanish and English (currently it is only taught in Spanish)
- Number of entry-level places: 30 places
- Implementation: The first year of the master’s programme will be implemented in the 2017-2018 academic year and the second year in 2018-2019.
- Criteria & specific procedure for termination of study programmes (PC15 Termination of study programme)
D. Javier Gámez García
jggarcia [arroba] ujaen [punto] es